A new opportunity has arisen for a Senior Web Developer within a leading Software and Services provider based in Essex. This is a new position, due to increasing client projects within the company. Senior Web Developer - salary of up to £65K DOE + benefits.
As Senior Web Developer your role will include but not be limited to the following:-
- Produce detailed program specifications from either discussions directly with clients or from a functional requirements document
- To use system specifications to develop robust, scalable applications to agreed timescales; taking any required standards.
- Integration of 3rd party services
- To ensure that production applications are fully supported.
- To write and use test plans for all systems developed, ensuring test phases relevant to the size/complexity of the project are carried out
- Ensure completed systems are implemented in a professional manner and handed over to the correct parties; including producing any needed documentation such as operational or user guides
- Act as an expert for any systems owned by development (internal or external); including diagnosing problems and providing fixes or suggested alternatives
- Work with application architects to ensure solutions are fit for purpose and ensure sign-off on architecture is agreed
- Produce estimates (both high level and detailed) for work packages
- Communicate effectively with all parties and provide status updates where applicable
- Mentor less experienced members of the team
- Provide technical expertise
- Work with the development manager to improve processes and procedures and technology usage
- Conduct code reviews for quality assurance
- Create and execute project plans where applicable to meet the demands of change.
Essential Skills required:-
Experience in ASP.NET/C# (Frameworks 3.5+)
Understanding of re-use/modular/component development in web applications
Integration with 3rd party services
TFS integration and usage (Source control, Life Cycle Management Tool)
Experience with Code refactoring/analysis tools
TDD (test driven development)
NUnit and Moq
T-SQL (including Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Profiling, Indexing)
For further details, on this new permanent Senior Web Developer opportunity, apply now.