Mid Level PHP Developer | Greenfield Project | Colchester | £35,000 to 45,000 | PHP, Symfony, AWS
If you are technologically minded and keen to succeed within a company that promotes personal development and the opportunity of being part of something bigger, then we have a role for you!
My client is using PHP 7.2 and Symfony. As well as using AWS Lambda, SQS and Elasticsearch. Big enthusiasts for BDD and TDD; they use phpspec for unit tests, PHPUnit for integration tests and Cypress for functional end-to-end tests.
When we say greenfield, we mean it.
The following tools and technologies are used:
* PHP (Symfony) for Back End application code
* MySQL for persistent data storage
* Elasticsearch for logging and monitoring
* AWS Lambda for serverless computing
* AWS SQS for our asynchronous message queue
* AWS for most other infrastructure
* React for our client-side applications
* Bitbucket Pipelines for Continuous Integration
You should apply if:
* You have 3+ years of experience working in a relevant software engineering role.
* You have knowledge of software design patterns and the principles of 'sOLID ' code.
* You have a practical understanding of the basics of HTTP and you know a REST f ul API when you see one.
* You have experience with TDD and/or BDD.
* You enjoy learning new skills and using the best tools money can buy.
* You are data-driven and strongly motivated by learnings through experiments and metrics analysis.
* You have superb communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
* Flexible working hours
* Enhanced holiday package up to 33 days (inc bank holidays)
* Access to company wellbeing benefits and discounts
*Free parking (subject to availability)
* Access to training and development programmes
* Competitive salary with performance-based bonuses, OTE 7% - 10% of annual salary