Java Developer - Permanent - Hatfield Peverel, Essex - £38,000 - £48,000
My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join a large team of developers who are responsible for working on a range of related products in a relaxed, friendly and focused environment. This position will be based from their head office in Hatfield Peverel, Essex. This is an excellent opportunity for a Mid-level Java Developer to play an active role in the development and implementation of bespoke solutions primarily used by the automotive industry.
The job will offer you an opportunity to work with the entire software stack using a wide range of state of the art technology.
You will be working within a team of up to 10 (including other developers, designers, testers, and project managers). You will be given the opportunity to be involved with the entire software development cycle from business requirements gathering, solution design, development, testing, and infrastructure operations. The team will be responsible for multiple projects all with different customers and technology stacks.
- Good understanding of the HTTP protocol.
- Experience with HTTP/REST web services.
- You should have a keen eye for detail and a real passion to follow good practices.
- An enthusiasm for technology in general and an appetite for solving complex programming problems.
- At least 3 years of commercial experience with Java programming.
- Good understanding of source version control (ideally with Git)
- Confidence to work with your own initiative and ability to find solutions independently when required.
- Effective operational proficiency with the English Language (Level C1 or better of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- Java Application Frameworks such as Spring or Java EE.
- MVC concepts
- Agile development processes
- Practical experience with web-based user interface technology such as CSS Preprocessing (eg LESS or SCSS), Thymeleaf, or JSPs.
- Spring (including Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Data and Spring Security)
- Struts 2
- Experience analysing customer requirements and suggesting creative solutions to business problems