Software Solution Engineer – Permanent – £35k to £70k – Camberley
My client is looking for a Software Solutions Engineer to operate in a collaborative, team focused, environment, ensuring adherence to our strict quality control and program delivery methodology.
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide enterprise solution, application implementation services and support during the design, build, test and training phases of projects based on the client’s innovative software platform.
This is a customer facing role that requires national and international travel, which may be extensive at times.
Successful project delivery and positive customer satisfaction are crucial to our expansion strategy, therefore excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong analytical and problem-solving expertise are pre-requisites for this role. The ability to operate to tight deadlines and effectively engage with both end-user and reseller partners is crucial, as is the experience of deploying an enterprise based software solution.
Key Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or software related technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation and communication skills; in particular, the ability to interpret written requirements and technical specification documents.
- Proven track record of installing, implementing, testing, and training end users on a high-level application suite like Document Management, Fleet Management, electronic point of sale (EPOS) or enterprise resource planning (ERP).
- Demonstrable experience of configuring personal computers (PCs), servers and troubleshooting the Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems.
- Strong knowledge of database architectures and methodologies; ideally Microsoft SQL Server and the ability to manipulate data effectively and efficiently using SQL object-oriented (OO) Concepts and rationale.