Infrastructure Design Architect - Scotland - 3 months - £500
Infrastructure Design Architect required for a 3 month contract based in Scotland. Our client is looking for someone to define, validate and promote the right Infrastructure for a project. You will be required to build logical models of networks, infrastructure components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of infrastructure architectures in specific business or functional areas.
The successful candidate will produce detailed component specifications and translate these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products.
- Act as the focus of an Infrastructure Team developing infrastructure solutions, contributing general technical knowledge and experience.
- Set and manage stakeholder expectations regarding infrastructure.
- Assess current and emergent technology, giving advice on price and performance.
- Develop relationships.
- Align the technology with the business and customer goals, identifying benefits and risk mitigation approaches associated with the proposed solution.
- Apply appropriate technical standards.
- Ensure infrastructure risks are managed, in particular non-functional requirements, including availability, scalability and performance.
- Support formal and informal technical reviews to assure quality of the infrastructure solution design.
- Own the list of infrastructure concerns, architectural decisions and contributes to the technical risk register.
- Coordinate plans and actions with project manager to make best use of available resources, including specialists such as service architects.
- Own collated infrastructure effort estimates and costs from teams, subcontractors and suppliers for one or more subsystems.
- Support the development of team members by knowledge sharing and mentoring.
- Ability to write and communicate on proposals at an architectural level.
- Ability to review technical designs to ensure that the requirements are met.
- Ability to share knowledge at an architect level.
- Ability to identify, assess and mitigate technical and non-technical issues and risks.
- Ability to generate reliable cost estimates for infrastructure elements of small to medium sized projects.
- Experience of capacity and performance assessment.