Head of Solution Design & Development – Permanent – London - £80,000 - £95,000
Head of Solution Design & Development required for a permanent position based in London. Our client is looking for someone to take ownership of the software development roadmap, technical innovation and strategy. You will also act as the functional and technical expert on their technology stack.
- Responsible for leading on the continued leverage of the technology stack and technology road map. You will be working with senior business stakeholders understanding business requirements and corporate strategies.
- You will be accountable for ensuring the road map and vision considers market analysis of other sector leading organisations, innovation by leading technology companies and the product road maps provided by the relevant software vendors.
- Responsible for the application design governance across their application landscape.
- Review and sign off of functional and technical designs.
- Maintain and enforce the solution design principles across the enterprise change process.
- Translate the functional and technical road map into integrated programme plans with Programme and Project Management.
- Responsible for the line management of Solution Architecture teams ensuring the team deliver best practice and quality assurance across the IT Solution landscape.
- Work with internal and external teams to ensure the delivery of a best practice solution design that meets business requirements, design principles and is value for money.
- Experience working across large complex BAU application landscapes.
- Significant experience of working and developing architecture governance frameworks across a Tier 1 ERP solutions and integrated application landscapes.
- Experience of several project lifecycles rolling out including ERP and CRM solutions within large scale business transformation programmes.
- Experience implementing solutions across hybrid cloud and on premise application landscape.
- Work at all levels of the business from presenting and building relationships with senior members and senior stakeholders to gather requirements.
- Experience of managing third party System Integrator design and build activity, with a good understanding of the commercial implications of the relationship.
- Line management experience of experienced teams.
- Worked directly both for system integrator and client side quality assurance.
- Deep functional experience across Microsoft 365 Finance and Operations and Microsoft 365 Customer Engagement (Workday).