GIS Consultant - Java - GeoServer - London - 3 months - SC Clearable – Market Rate
GIS Consultant required for a 3-month contract based in London. Our client is looking for someone with GeoServer and Java skills.
The successful candidate will have experience with geospatial datasets (vector & raster file formats) and projection systems.
*Candidates need to be eligible for SC level security clearance.*
- Knowledge of Ordnance Survey datasets.
- Experience working with Opensource GIS solutions including QGIS, GeoServer and GDAL.
- Ability to design and tune map services such as WMS and WFS.
- Data management and database design knowledge.
- Experience with enterprise databases SQL, Postgres and Oracle).
- Unit testing experience.
- Worked with Web APIs including REST, XML and JSON.
- Experience of Agile methodology.
- Microservices architecture.
- Knowledge of containers such as Docker.
- Experience working in a Linux environment & Shell Scripting.
- Developing web applications with Angular.
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS applications.
- Safe FME.
- Service development including Java and ASP.
Knowledge of system architecture design