Database Software Engineer - Cardiff - 6 months - £365.00
Database Software Engineer required for a 6 month contract based in Cardiff. Our client is looking to deploy and configure a new SSIS environment. They are looking for someone with experience with Microsoft ETL Development including SSIS, Azure Data Factory and SQL Server.
The successful candidate will be responsible for deploying and configuring the ETL processes within Microsoft Azure. You will be required to have experience of setting up ETL environments from scratch and support the Power BI and SQL Server development requirements.
- Lead Database Transition Projects and work to agreed timescales.
- Ensure new services are successfully transitioned into BAU services.
- Work to DBA Build/Install standards or Customer Standards as agreed by DBA.
- Ensure all DBA documentation produced is to required ISO standards.
- Perform Change Management duties within KPI targets, concentrating mainly on major changes.
- Work on BAU issues as required, which will mainly be Database Performance, Major Incidents or Problem Records.
- Mentor and lead other DBA's.
- Understanding of Azure DevOps or equivalent toolset for build and release is important.
- Experience of working within a virtual delivery model including remote team components.
- Service Delivery and Communication.
- Technical & DBA Transition Leadership.
- Database Performance or Clustering and Administration.
- DBA Change management and implementation including CPMS and OneITSM.
- Documentation & Management reporting.
- Administration Tasks (Timesheets, Mandatory Training, Reporting).
- Data modelling experience would be preferable.
- Database Admin & Implementation, Database Backup technology, Database High Availability or Performance Tuning.
- Multi-platform experience Linux, Unix, Wintel, VMware