Senior Safety Consultant required for a 3 month contract based in the UK. Our client is looking for someone to provide System Safety expertise across both technical and administrative. You will be required to develop Safety Engineering artefacts such as Safety Management Plans, Hazard Logs, Safety Case and Safety Case Reports.
The successful candidate will have experience performing safety analysis activities and be able to communicate safety related matters to senior stakeholders.
* Candidates will need to be eligible for SC Clearance.*
- The provision of Safety Management advice, both technical and administrative.
- The development of Safety Engineering artefacts such as Safety Management Plans, Hazard Logs, Safety Case and Safety Case Reports.
- The ability to perform safety analysis activities on complex supply scopes.
- A strong ability to communicate on safety related matters with internal and external parties.
- Support bid safety risk assessment.
- Development, maintenance and implementation of System Safety assurance processes documented in Safety Management Plans, based on appropriate standards.
- Preparing and managing System Safety Cases for multiple projects.
- Briefing of project staff on safety matters.
- Maintain appropriate safety culture.
- Demonstrable experience of the System Safety applied to IT supply scope.
- Ability to communicate safety issues effectively to stakeholders.
- Experience of formal safety requirements and standards (eg IEC 61508, DO-178B/C, DefStan 00-56 or DCB0129).
- Familiarity with hazard identification and analysis techniques.
- Understanding of safety risk assessment.
- Experience of Safety Case production and management.
- Knowledge of Legal and Regulatory environment.
- Application of System Safety Engineering techniques in IT systems, either by design experience or in a Safety Engineering role.
- Understanding of the issues when using commercial software (COTS) in safety-related applications.
- Appreciation of commercial issues and constraints.
- Safety Auditing.
- Experience in a safety-related industry.
- Software engineering experience.
Interested in this contract role? Apply today or get in contact to discuss this opportunity further.